Low level laser therapy (LLLT) is a non-invasive drug-free
solution for pain relief and tissue regeneration. It uses red and infrared light for the relief of pain, to accelerate healing and to decrease inflammation. When the light source is placed against the skin, the photons penetrate several centimeters and get absorbed by the mitochondria, the energy producing part of a cell. This energy fuels many positive physiological responses resulting in the restoration of normal cell morphology and function.
Unlike many treatment mofalities that mask pain or only address the symptoms of disease, Laser Therapy treats the underlying condition or pathology to promote healing. This means that the treatments are effective and the benefits of laser Therapy are long lasting.
LLLT is one of the most researched and published modalities in physical rehabilitation.
Cold laser therapy conditions and benefits
- Neck & Shoulder Problems
- Low Back and Hip Problems
- Soft Tissue Injuries (Sprain / Strain Injuries, Whiplash, Sports Injuries, Bruises)
- Painful Joints & Muscles (Tendonitis for example)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & other types of Nerve Compression
- Myofascial Trigger Points
- Post-surgical Scar Tissue
- Plantar Fasciatis
- Bell’s Palsy
Benefits of laser
Laser therapy has demonstrated a multiple of clinical benefits that include:
- Symptomatic relief of minor muscle and joint aches, pains, and stiffness
- Increased local blood circulation
- Muscle relaxation and muscle spasm relief
- Relief of minor pain and stiffness associated with arthritis
- No sensory changes, ideal for patients with sensory issues
- A non-contact method for patients who cannot be treated with gels, pads or adhesives
- Pain relief for patients who do not wish to take, or are intolerant of pain medication